Prep Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 2 hrs
Servings per Recipe: 6
Calories 277 kcal
Fat 11.3 g
Protein 16.1 g
Cholesterol 116 mg
Sodium 749 mg
1 lb. ricotta cheese
3 large eggs
1 tsp salt, or to taste
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 pinch ground nutmeg
1 C. all-purpose flour
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 C. sliced fresh morel mushrooms
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 C. vegetable broth
1 C. fresh green peas
salt and ground black pepper to taste
- In a food processor, add the ricotta, eggs, 1 tsp of the salt, pepper and nutmeg and pulse
till smooth. Add the flour and pulse till a smooth, semi-stiff mixture forms. Transfer the
mixture into a bowl.
- With a plastic wrap, cover the bowl and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- In a large pan, heat the oil on medium-high heat and sauté the mushrooms for about 3-5
minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for about 1 minute. Add the vegetable broth and bring to
- Reduce the heat and stir in the peas.
- Cook for about 3-5 minutes. Season with the salt and pepper.
- In a large pan of lightly salted boiling water, add the ricotta mixture in batches for about 3
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the gnocchi into the bowl of the ice water to stop the
- Drain well. In a pan, mix together the gnocchi and mushroom sauce and cook for about