Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Servings per Recipe: 6
Calories 493 kcal
Fat 23.4 g
Protein 32.1 g
Cholesterol 107 mg
Sodium 1329 mg
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 16 oz. package shelf-stable gnocchi
1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 C. water
6 C. chopped chard leaves
1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings
1 15 oz. can white beans, rinsed
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
1/2 C. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/4 C. finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tbsp of the oil on medium heat and cook the gnocchi for about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the gnocchi into a bowl.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining 1 tsp of the oil and sauté the onion for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and water and cook, covered for about 4-6 minutes.
- Add the chard and cook for about 1-2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans and pepper and bring to a gentle boil.
- Stir in the gnocchi and top with both cheeses evenly and cook, covered for about 3 minutes.