Prep Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 1 hr 5 mins
Servings per Recipe: 4
Calories 346 kcal
Fat 2.1 g
Protein 9.9 g
Cholesterol 46 mg
Sodium 372 mg
2 8 oz. sweet potatoes
1 clove garlic, pressed
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
2 C. all-purpose flour
- Set your oven to 350 degrees F before doing anything else.
- Cook the sweet potatoes in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and keep aside to cool.
- Remove the peel of the sweet potatoes and with a potato masher, mash them.
- In a large bowl, add the mashed sweet potatoes, garlic, salt, nutmeg and egg and mix till well combined.
- Slowly, add the flour, a little at a time and mix till a soft dough forms.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. While you wait for the water, make the gnocchi.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface and roll in several long ropes.
- Cut each rope into 1-inch sections.
- In a large pan of lightly salted boiling water, cook the gnocchi in batches till they float over the surface.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the gnocchi in a serving dish and serve with a topping of the butter or cream sauce.